Website The Statler Hotel
The Statler Hotel has a career opportunity for a full time Guest Service Agent.
The Statler Hotel:
Located in the heart of a vibrant Ivy League campus, the Statler Hotel is part of Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration and is the gateway to Cornell University for many visitors. Inspired by curiosity, the humble spirit of Upstate New York, and the scenic beauty of the Finger Lakes region, the Hotel has earned the dual distinction as the area’s only AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property and the Ivy League’s only “teaching hotel.” With 153 rooms, the Statler Hotel is a full-service property with a conference center, three restaurants and over 16,000 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities.
The School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University is the premier school for hospitality education in the world. As an integral part of the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, the school is leading the world in teaching and researching the business of hospitality—marketing, finance, real estate, operations, and more, all applied to the world’s largest and most exciting industry. Top faculty, industry leaders, alumni, and students work together to generate new knowledge for the hospitality industry and form the premier network that shapes the industry every day.
Our Statler Family:
We are a team of hospitality professionals who proudly lead the premiere collegiate lifestyle hotel, welcoming the world to the cherished gathering place for those who love Cornell University. We challenge thinking, while connecting and cultivating people. Our actions are driven by a collective aspiration to build a culture of collaboration, celebration and excellence. Our mission is to provide uniquely crafted experiences through personalized connections that will inspire future leaders who will change the world of hospitality.
Your role as a Guest Service Agent:
As a member of the Statler Hotel’s Front Office Team, you will create warm, genuine, and personalized experiences, while delivering a world-class level of service to our guests. Among your duties, you will:
- Register and check in guests, fulfill requests, and follow up to ensure complete satisfaction; monitor room status, assist guests with directions and area information, and maintain detailed guest profiles
- Communicate accurately and clearly within the front office team and with other departments in the hotel; assist others when help is needed, record and pass on pertinent information from your shift to the incoming staff
- Check guests out of the hotel with a level of service that meets or exceeds guest expectations, while verifying charges and accurately completing the payment process
- Take reservations by phone and email, sharing the benefits of The Statler Hotel with potential guests; assist with the implementation of our revenue management strategy
- Collaborate with our sales department to configure group bookings and to ensure excellent service is provided to the meeting planners and conference participants
- Train and mentor student employees on a daily basis as an integral part of our mission
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) and professional phone etiquette
A warm and enthusiastic personality, always committed to giving your best effort
- Basic computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to work variable shifts, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able to stand for long periods of time and can lift up to 50 pounds
- Associate’s degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of hotel management systems/revenue management/OTA’s (online travel agencies)
- Some accounting experience
Cornell has been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability and diversity initiatives.
To apply on line, go to our job board at Cornell: https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs
Apply to job requisition # WDR-00025282.
We also highly encourage you to include a cover letter with your submission, for us to better understand your interest in applying.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour