Civil Engineering Project Manager
- Perform management duties related to planning, design and construction of municipal infrastructure projects including, but not limited to local highway, potable water, sewerage and stormwater management systems.
- Concentration of duties will be on Municipal sector projects but may also include highereducation and private site development projects.
- Work under the direction of Principal Engineers on complex projects requiring independent study and responsible judgment. There will be regular contact with clients and outside agencies to manage project tasks, schedules and budgets and to achieve project objectives
- Principal Engineers in the Engineering Department with occasional supervision and guidance.
Relationship to Others:
- Key management professional for the Engineering Staff.
- Prepares proposals for individual project or term contracts with clients.
- Develops and maintains project schedules and objectives by understanding project scopes and client requirements, estimating staffing needs, sequencing project tasks and conferring with Principal Engineers.
- Prepares or reviews technical narratives for engineering reports and studies including opinions of probable construction cost.
- Presents engineering reports to clients and public.
- Analyzes surveys, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data in the course of project planning.
- Provides CAD drafting, designs in Civil3D, performs administrative tasks and field reconnaissance associated with individual projects.
- Performs or reviews calculations for project designs.
- Prepares design and bidding documents, including technical specifications and project manuals.
- Reviews and evaluates bids from contractors.
- Coordinates construction administration phase tasks with Engineering staff and Construction Administrators to review and evaluation of shop drawings and product submittals, monitor progress, and ensure conformance to design drawings, specifications and industry standards.
- Collaborates with staff, legal counsel and fiscal advisors.
- Maintains project documents, organizes files and assists Administrative Staff with document production.
- Interacts with municipal bodies and permitting agencies.
- Supervise and coordinate work by Civil Engineers, Construction Administrators and Engineering Technicians assigned to a project.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills are imperative.
- Highly organized with solid time management skills
- Able to work with and support all Office Staff.
- Flexible in work hours to help meet project deadlines.
- Receptive to new ideas and concepts.
- Responsible to employer and self-motivated.
- Graduate of an accredited Civil and/or Environmental Engineering curriculum with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Must have passed the New York State Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Professional Engineering license preferable.
- At least 5 years of experience in the management, design, and construction of site work and municipal infrastructure projects including water wells and pump systems, water storage tanks, sanitary sewage collection systems, pump stations, and highway infrastructure.
- Primary experience with the NYSDEC SPDES General Permits for Stormwater Discharges from Municipal Separate Stormwater Systems (MS4s) and from Construction Activity.
- Extensive experience in the preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD, Civil3D, Autodesk SSA, and HydroCAD or equivalent drafting and hydrologic modelling software.
- Experience with GIS or equivalent software preferable.
- Must be fluent with MS Word, Excel and other MS software/operating systems
- TG. Miller, P.C. Engineers & Surveyors, Ithaca NY
Resumes to: Andrew Sciarabba email@example.com