Website Oasis Systems
OASIS Systems, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Trades Helper. The Maintenance Trades Helper will assist senior level personnel in support of customers to conduct acoustic measurements by loading transducers and equipment onto the Sound Measurement Platform (SMP) located on Lake Seneca, then assist with deployment of the equipment from the SMP.
The Maintenance Trades Helper will assist with performing facility maintenance and repair and will also be trained for safe operation of all forklifts and boats on site. Perform general barge/facility upkeep and maintenance. Candidate will be trained in Safe Rigging Practices in accordance with NAVFAC P-307. This is an OJT (On the Job Training) position, therefore candidate must be receptive to coaching and eager to learn new skills and techniques.
LOCATION: Dresden, NY
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a Secret Clearance.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Entry Level
• Must be capable of becoming certified in operation of 3 ton and 7.5-ton forklifts.
• Must have the ability to work in an outdoor environment, variable, adverse, or inclement weather.
• Can pass physical exam, training and certification in use of a respirator, and drug testing.
• Must be comfortable working in industrial environment, Crane Rigging, and with heavy equipment under extreme weather conditions.
• Must be team oriented.
• Performing and/or assisting in a variety of mechanical trade functions such as installation and preventive maintenance or repair of equipment including boats, forklifts, generators, and other equipment.
• Perform weight handling services to include the operation and maintenance of forklifts and potentially other weight handling equipment, including stationary/mobile crane operations, and rigging.
• Will be trained in safe operation of Surface Craft. Operate and assist in maintaining government owned surface craft including inland waterway boat operation, barge moving, and line handling, mooring, docking, and undocking.
• Perform painting, grinding, and other related work.
• Assist with maintenance services to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and general up-keep of all facility assets/vessels.
• Assist with fabrication, assembly, and installation of handling structures/equipment on facility test platforms
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.