The beautiful, renovated Hotel Ithaca is located in the heart of downtown Ithaca and is less than 1 mile from both Cornell University and Ithaca College. For our guest’s convenience, we offer complimentary shuttle service to Tompkins Regional Airport, Cornell University and Ithaca College. The Hotel offers deluxe rooms and suites, an indoor heated pool and a large state-of-the-art fitness center.
The entire hotel is outfitted with complimentary Wi-Fi, including over 6,000 sq. ft. of functional meeting and pre-function space.
Ithaca is located in the picturesque Finger Lakes and is home to a multitude of wineries, the Cayuga Wine Trail, rambling gorges, hiking trails and pristine waterfalls which include the well-known Taughannock Falls, a local wonder!
The Hotel Ithaca is located adjacent to the Ithaca Commons and steps to an array of eclectic shopping and dining from around the world. For your dining pleasure, join us at Ithaca Social Pub & Grille for delicious nightly specials.
We are recruiting an experienced Chief Engineer to lead our team..
- Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems
- Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications.
- Maintaining effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
- Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
- Supervising Engineering associates including hiring, training, evaluations, development and disciplining
- Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts
- Authorizing requests for personal time off, holidays for team members, schedule changes, overtime, purchase requests and expenditures.
- Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Responding to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Acting as the safety coordinator for the entire hotel including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards.
- Maintaining a safe and working environment throughout the hotel for all associates, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws
- Recommending capital expenditures and acquiring bids as appropriate
- Managing expenses within approved budget guidelines
- Assessing critical repairs and facilitating an immediate and cost effective response
- Implementing and managing procedures and practices that ensure quality assurance for work performed by hotel maintenance teams Ensuring that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering
The ideal candidate for this position
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Engineer in a hotel, hospital, or building, including two years in a supervisory capacity
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment
- Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends