George Junior Republic Union Free SD
Student with Disability Teacher – General
· Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Special education or Secondary Education.
Valid New York State Driver’s License (copy required upon initial hire date)
Certification: NYS Students with Disabilities 7-12. Dual certification in Secondary Education content area and Students with Disabilities 7-12 preferred.
Hours: 10 Month School year with option for Summer School. Monday – Friday, per contract
Salary: Listed salary is a base with BA degree, additional credits available for applicable experience and education.
Supervision: The Classroom Teacher will work under the direct supervision of the Curriculum Coordinator, Principal, Assistant Superintendent and under the general supervision of the Superintendent. He/she shall implement a well-planned instructional program designed to meet the educational needs of the students.
· Implement a specialized curriculum of academic awareness and instruction for students.
· Interface with students with emotional and behavioral needs.
· Provide a learning environment containing academic ability groups with a focus on the instructional level.
· Work individually with students on the basis of their needs and/or interests. Personalize each student’s individual educational program.
· Help originate student goals and organize a plan to reach their goals which is consistent with the student’s I.E.P.
· Provide direct supervision of the Teacher Aide and train this person to meet the needs of students within their classroom.
· Attend CSE and Treatment Team meetings as scheduled and provide professionally written reports.
· Participate in in-service programs.
· Attend staff meetings when called.
· Assess student’s progress in appropriate written form when requested.
· Implement effective behavior management plans focusing on positive reinforcement and consequences.
· Adhere to all policies/procedures set forth in the School Staff Procedure manual.
Evaluation: As per contractual agreement between The George Junior Republic UFSD and the George Junior Republic Teachers’ Organization.