In this position, with your extensive knowledge of electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems to maintain and repair the complex devices required for continuity of operations, you will:
- Responsible for all aspects of AHDC diagnostics and research-related equipment service; perform corrective/preventative maintenance and repairs; support service negotiations.
- Monitor setup or work done on AHDC instruments; assist with coordination of repair shipments and with vendors on repairs and replacements.
- Evaluate equipment and develop short and long-term repair and maintenance plans, in partnership with lab leadership.
- Research and advice on service needs, including but not limited to equipment purchases, replacement vs repairs, care procedures, and cost analyses.
- Develop new, imaginative, or innovative solutions, services, products, processes, or programs; partner with managers and researchers on design and specification requirements.
- Conduct equipment performance checks and assist with calibration efforts as needed to meet regulatory standards; oversee equipment database management.
- Serve as AHDC Capital Asset Manager, maintaining and accounting for all capital assets.
- Occasionally travel to regional laboratory locations to address equipment concerns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.