Job type (production, support, professional, managerial):
Reports To (title):
Summary – basic function of the role
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Act in a safe manner in all activities performed and promote the Safety Program in all processes and procedures
· Ensures all quality standards and requirements are met in fabrication, inspection and packaging tasks
· Adhere strictly to all assembly or fabrication related procedures, work instructions and forms while performing any and all tasks
· Complete all tasks efficiently and correctly as assigned by supervisory and planning personnel
· Complete product rewind activities when assigned
· Follow instructions and manages multiple tasks to meet production deadlines and customer satisfaction
· Report any deficiencies in material, product, or process immediately per current procedures
· Support other manufacturing areas, shifts, and overtime hours as needed to support customer delivery expectations
· Document all production and packaging information as required ensuring that the information is correct and accurate
· Conduct 5S and housekeeping activities as assigned
· Understand and apply the Quality Policy, quality documentation, and company objectives to all tasks assigned
· Act in a courteous and professional manner at all times, within a team environment, ensuring sustainment of Cortland Company’s reputation as a world class supplier
· Promote and participate in LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) transformation through application of lean principles to rapidly improve manufacturing and key LEAD metrics
Skills and Competencies – identify the ALE competencies that are most critical for success in the role
· Ability to use small hand tools and measurement devices
· Must demonstrate hand and eye coordination for detailed/small fabrication work
· Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to identify potential issues and proactively recommend and implement solutions
· Ability to work collaboratively with other functions
· Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines
Education and Experience
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Experience Requirements: Manufacturing, fabrication or production experience preferred.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 30 pounds in weight. Work completed can be done in seated or standing position. Repetitive fabrication work requires significant hand and finger movements.
Primary work environment is a controlled manufacturing space with specific gowning and PPE requirements. Proper demonstration of correct execution of these gowning and PPE requirements would be required. Stretching is also required periodically as part of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.